The idea is to mobilize the community around the topic of corporate social media platforms becoming the recordkeepers of activist history while there is still a total lack of transparency regarding their content moderation policies. Join us in trying to come up with new ways to fix this, as an attempt to counter, together, the bleak yet possible scenario of an erasing of activist histories.
A few question we will explore:
- How can open source technology contribute to ongoing efforts to archive and safeguard activist content and history?
- What are pathways to reach out to communities?
- What are the data sources for feminists archives in social media?
- What are the challenges of collecting this information and content in Latin America/the world?
- How to share this knowledge with activists?
Invitation via: firstname.lastname@example.org.